22 March 2007

they're stealing my insanity!

Well, 2 days ago officially marked two months here, and I can't believe how fast it's flying by! Next week is the last week before my spring break, and then I only have three more weeks in the school! Granted, that welcomes in an amazing time for adventure travels, but then it's all over and I have to come back to the real world! Yikes! Bikes!

In other news, yesterday I went to the opening night of the school production Romeo and Juliet, and it was really well done! It was at a cinema/theater in Quito, so that was fun just to get out of the valley, and what struck me most was that the highly emotional scenes didn't seem terribly forced, so that's a tribute to the students' acting skills. Also, only two of the students English as a First Language, so I can't imagine how hard it was to memorize the Old English lines! Granted, at times the accents were so thick that I had no clue what they were saying and the lines were spoken much too fast, but who am I to judge? Well, come to think of it, I never speak in but the slowest of manners.

Lastly, I am currently making up lesson plans (and blogging) in the library, because remember: I have no office nor official or stable place to work. And right behind me is a gaggle of small primary students rehearsing for their Easter play. They have gone through some crocodile song, a frog in a pond song, 3 fat jellyfish song, and now an Easter Bunny song. I don't know how much more of this horrendous, out-of-tune, clapping-at-random-times, teacher louder than all the students painful torture I can take! AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh!


5 pretty easter eggs hiding in the grass...I found a red one!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Look at me! Look at me! With Woody's help, I have found a way to surf the internet without all the roadblocks of before! Everything is a little slower and it's annoying to have to jump through so many hoops, but at least I can read your blog again! So keep the updates coming!