05 March 2007

Quilotoa

Amazingly enough, Sunday morning is pancake morning at the Black Sheep Inn, just as it was in the Sorensen household for years! Although they were delicious, high altitude pancakes aren't quite as good as Daddy's. But the homemade syrup was pretty tasty. After we packed out bags, we went and checked out the sheep, including the 3-day old lamb! We also did the zipline, but pics of me are on Peter's camera, so I've no proof as of yet. It was super fun, but not long enough!

We then started the long drive back to Quito, stopping for lunch at La Laguna Quilotoa, a volcanic crater lake. It was impressively beautiful and windy and cold, so I bought an alpaca hat and gloves from a pushy local! We then finished the long drive and I spent the night uploading all these nice pictures for you all, now that the home computer is back and fully functional, postponing my bedtime much later than I'd have liked!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I'm jealous! I never held a three day old lamb or any other lamb for that matter. The scenery is beautiful. Are you sure you will want to come home?

Love,
Mom