08 August 2008

Last Day in Xela

As I wait to lead my last experiment here in el Colegio Miguel Angel Asturias, I will add a few random pictures from this week.

The 1st graders learned about friction by making hovercrafts out of CDs, pop tops, and balloons. One kid made the discovery that you don't actually have to take the balloon off each time you want to inflate it!




The kindergarteners learned how to change the pitch of a rubber band by stretching it in different ways. Aside from the musical part of the experiment, wow they made a lot of noise!



Christie had her classes make signs about oral hygiene and post them around the school, my favorite being this cartoon.


Christie left yesterday for Antigua, and I will follow her this afternoon to meet up with her friend Jess, climb an active volcano, and then travel for another week. I'll be sad to leave this town, this school, and my host family, but all good thing must come to an end, right?

No comments: