01 August 2008

Evening Entertainment

Although most nights this week I have been busy working on the puzzle I started (assuming erroneously that others would help), Wednesday night we went out for dinner at an Indian restaurant for a farewell to Kellie, one of my housemates. Julio couldn't make it, but Jenny, Quique, and Carlo (goofing off with Quique's glasses) were all there, so it was a lovely and tasty family dinner!

After walking back in the rain, Carlo, Kellie and I headed for a Karaoke bar two blocks from our house. Amazingly, they had one of my favorite songs, ¿QuĂ© Hago Yo? that I must say, I say wonderfully. I also sang my favorite salsa song ever--La Vida es un Carnaval--that earned me a fan club from the gentlemen from one table over! We danced a bit, but we were so tired by midnight that we left before I could see if I won the prize. Luckily for me it was a bottle of rum that I wouldn't have taken anyway!

After such an eventful evening, Thursday night I worked on the puzzle and went to bed at 9 p.m.!

4 comments:

Skippy said...

You know who would help with the puzzle if she were here don't you? Grandma of course - we could always count on her to fit a piece or two or three!

Special K said...

I know! I told my family about how the way she would do puzzles would always frustrate me, but in the end she always finished them!

I finally finished this one last night!

Joanne said...

Did you take a picture of the puzzle or put it on a piece of cardboard so you could admire your handiwork for a while longer?

Special K said...

Both! I'm not sure what Quique intends to do with it, though.