15 July 2008

Surfeando!

Wednesday we left in the morning for one of the many great beaches. We ended up in Sunzal, a lovely and clean black-sand beach on the Pacific. Lucky for us, Amelia (Ana´s good Ecuadorian friend) was a seasoned surfer, so she gave us the courage and the skills to try surfing! I must say, I´m not a good surfer. I really enjoyed just floating back in on the waves, rather than struggling time and time again to balance myself up to a standing position, inevitably falling over and being beaten by the waves and the board. Christie eventally got it, and she kept at much longer than I or even Elizabeth did. I did get up to my knees, but eventually called it quits and played with Jamila on the beach. I got quite a few lovely bruises, but none compare to Christie´s!

After such exertion, we enjoyed a delicious meal and even got serrenaded by a guitarist/singing group as we ate.



The amazing part of the day is that I didn´t burn at all--to the extent that I don´t think I got any color at all!


1 comment:

Katrina said...

Surfing! You must teach me! I'm going to have to get you to try wakeboarding and snow boarding now!