25 April 2007

re-realisations

I have a skewed perception of cake portions.

Yes, we ate cake on Monday night and it was fantastically chocolate and just like the boxed cake mixes of the states. However, my slice seemed so small. And only by pacing my forkfuls with those of the others at the table was I able to make it last more than about 4 bites. Even worse, Sofy's friend couldn't even finish her piece! Are you kidding me?! I could have eaten half the cake in that one sitting, sad as that may seem. Another sad cultural thing is that they didn't eat it for breakfast. Or lunch! I did have another sliver after dinner, but seriously, folks, I've clearly got issues. How does one recover from seeing an 8-layer cake as normal? Is there a rehab group for that? If you find one, let me know and I'm there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karla, seriously, why would you want to get rid of this "problem" of yours? I mean, wedding cakes are more than two layers....that's fairly normal. Those crazies clearly need your instructions on how to properly construct and eat said cake.

It's a good thing you're there!

Anonymous said...

12 step program for sugar addiction.

Special K said...

Wait, does that actually exist?!