13 May 2007

Three days of rest from my luxurious Galápagos tour

I have returned from the unbelieveable paradise that is el Archipelago Galápagos. Words cannot describe my amazing experiences, and you'll have to wait for pictures a few days (or even months until i'm caught up). I'm burning them off my camera tomorrow and will wait for several months for some to be emailed to me. Until then, know that I am safe, tan (NOT burned, mind you--I did well with the art of sunscreen application), and was not eaten by the white tipped sharks with which I swam. That's right. I saw it all, basically. 8 days on a yacht will leave me feeling the ocean swells beneath me for days (I really don't like this sensation) and will leave me remembering the one-of-a-kind, gorgeous, cruel, romantic, endangered, pristine, savage world of the Galápagos islands for a lifetime. Oh man, it was great!

No comments: